WHAT WE DO
Automotive Software Engineering
Vehicle functions are mainly realized by al lot of electronic control units and software. They are connected through different bus systems and define a complex real-time system inside the vehicle.
Software engineering in the field of automotive technology addresses the development, integration and validation of vehicle functions such as adaptive cruise control, traffic sign recognition, vehicle dynamics control or the infotainment system and communication with mobile devices.
AUTOSAR Electronic Control Unit Software
AUTOSAR describes a unified software architecture with the goal to facilitate the exchange of software on different ECUs.
We are experts in the development, integration and validation of AUTOSAR software.
- Integration: AUTOSAR Stack Software of Vector MICROSAR (SLP10), Mentor Graphics VSTAR, EB tresos AutoCore
- Configuration: System Stack, Communication Stack, Memory Stack, I/O Hardware Abstraction, Complex Device Driver
- Migration: Microcontroller plattforms and integration of OEM specific AUTOSAR modules
- Function development: Software Component Design (SWC), UML Detailed Design, model based code generation
- Code analyses: Polyspace, QA-C/MISRA
- Bus simulation: Vector CANoe/CANalyser, Busmaster
- Model based testing: Piketec - Time Partition Testing (TPT)
- Tooling: Vector Davinci Configurator PRO / Developer, Elektrobit EB tresos Studio, Volcano Vehicle Systems Architect (VSA/VSB), DSpace TargetLink, ETAS Labcar, ETAS Ascet, Matlab/Simulink
AUTomotive Open System ARchitecture is world-wide the largest standardization project in the automotive industry. We are a Development Partner and an active contributor to the standard.
Tasks in the consortium:
- Document ownership for ECU resource template (AUTOSAR_TPS_ECUResourceTemplate)
- Implementation tasks in the ECU configuration template (AUTOSAR_RS_ECUConfiguration)
- Monthly meetings
Advanced Driver Assistance Systems
Advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) increase the driver's security and comfort through monitoring of the environment and active engagement in certain driving situations. A great amount of technologies and interdisciplinary knowledge are required. We support our clients in the realization of functions and integration on different platforms.
- Modeling and simulation
- Control engineering and image processing
- Functions and algorithm development
- Tests in cars and trial runs
- Construction of HiL Systems
Embedded Real-Time Systems
Embedded real-time systems are mainly small computers in form of a microcontroller, DSPs, FPGAs and ASICs that are built into devices and machines and e.g. take over control tasks. In this context, real-time is the deterministic guarantee of calculating execution times and system response times.
Hardware Prototype Development
Prototyping and small series development of hardware modules.
- Elecronic: circuit diagrams and layout development, design of peripherals
- Microcontroller: ARM CortexM, Atmel AVR, Renesas V850, Freescale HCS12, TI MSP430, PIC-Micro
- FPGA platforms: VHDL development, Lattice, Xilinx - Spartan family, Altera - Cyclone, Arria, Stratix
- Embedded communication: Ethernet, CAN, LIN, FlexRay, Bluetooth, ZigBee, IEEE802.11, GSM/UMTS/LTE
- Programming: C, C++, VHDL, Assembler, CUDA, OpenCL, OpenGL, Qt Embedded
- Tools: Altera Quartus, Altera Modelsim, Matlab/Simulink, Cadsoft Eagle, Atmel Studio, LT-Spice
Real-Time Operating Systems
Design and integration of deterministic operating systems for safety-related applications.
- RTOS: SafeRTOS (IEC 61508-3 SIL 3), Micrium uC/OS-III, OSEK
- Architectures: ARM, MIPS, Atmel, x86/AMD64, Power, TriCore, Renesas V850
- HAL: configuration and development of drivers and system libraries
- Migration: platform migration of existing applications
With the REALTIME_RT Patch enabled, Linux is completely deterministic and is used in industrial facilities and machines for control tasks. Furthermore Linux provides a variety of open interfaces and libraries to develop and integrate complex applications.
Linux is everywhere: TED-Talk with the Linux Foundation (video)
- Platform basis: design and integration of OSADL-conform real-time linux systems
- Driver: development and modification of drivers
- Interfaces: network, bus systems, TCP/IP and I/O connections
- Application: development of POSIX-conform real-time applications
Open Source Automation Development Lab (OSADL) e.G.
We are a member of OSADL – the competence network for open source software in industrial applications.
More information: www.osadl.org
We develop customer specific software for different platforms. Beside desktop applications for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X, we provide software development and integration of web applications, content management systems and software for mobile devices.
Software Development Processes
Today's software projects require not only an expert level of knowledge in software achitectures, programming languages and interfaces but also a flexible approach to be able to react fast to changing requirements.
Wie utilize software development processes like Scrum, Kanban and V-Modell-XT.
Ticketsystem, Bugtracking and Documentation:
- Atlassian Jira, Bugzilla, Mantis Bug Tracker
- Atlassian Confluence, Trac
Continous Integration and Deployment:
- Atlassian Stash (Git, SVN)
- Atlassian Bamboo, Jenkins
- Software Requirements Specification (SRS) according to IEEE 830
- IBM Rational DOORS
Depending on the requirements complexity and the platform we use different techniques, tools and programming languages to design software.
Design/Modeling of software architectures
- Enterprise Architect
- UML 2.4
Model-based function development
- ETAS Ascet
- Generator Tools
- C, C++, C#, Java
Frameworks and libraries
- Boost, Qt
- .NET, WPF
The internet has long since found its way into a variety of devices. As an example, printers, IP-cameras, fridges and facility monitoring systems are controllable through web interfaces. We develop gateways and graphical user interfaces to access embedded systems from the internet. Furthermore we offer the realization of entire enterprise portals and interfaces to backend systems.
Technologies and frameworks:
- Content management systems: TYPO3 CMS, Drupal, Wordpress
- Frameworks: TYPO3 Flow, Zend, Smarty, Rails
- Descriptive languages: HTML(5), CSS(3), LESS, SCSS, XML
- 3D visualisation: WebGL, three.js
- Server: Linux server and applications/services
Area of application:
- Configuration and access of embedded systems
- Development of web-based interactive applications
- Interfaces for backend systems
- Enterprise portals
WHO WE ARE
We are an engineering office for information technology in the fields of automotive software engineering, embedded real-time systems and software development. Our team includes engineers, computer scientists and product designers who enjoy technical challenges and complex tasks.
The company was founded 2003 in Waiblingen, Germany by the brothers Jean and Rony Khoury. In the year 2005 the company got registered at the commercial register under the trade name BASICWORX OHG. In 2012 the company was tansformed to the legal form GmbH and moved to Stuttgart.
Our customers are from different industrial sectors.
Here's an extract of our customer list.
Automotive & Automation
- Daimler AG
- MBtech Group GmbH & Co. KGaA
- Camtek GmbH
Software & Web
- municHMotorsport e.V.
- Gameforge Productions GmbH
- Points Gesellschaft für digitale Informationssysteme mbH
- Platingroup GmbH
- SNK INTERTRADE SARL
OSADL e.G. promotes and coordinates the development of open source software for the automation industry. We support OSADL with our membership.
ISO 9001:2008 - Quality Management System
The quality management standard ISO 9001:2008 is internationally the most implemented and accepted quality management standard. We have introduced a quality management system according to ISO 9001.
- Customer focused
- Management responsibility
- Process-oriented approach
- System-oriented management-approach
- Continual Improvement
- Factual approach to decision making
- Supplier relationships for mutual benefit
ISO 27001:2013 - Information Security Management System
The standard ISO/IEC 27001 Information technology – Security techniques – Information security management systems – Requirements specifies the requirements for production, implementation, operation, monitoring, maintenance and improvement of documented information security management systems and also IT risks within organizations.
Status: certification is in preparation phase.
CONTACT & LOCATION
Open routing on maps.google.com.
BASICWORX ENGINEERING GmbH
Heilbronner Str. 150
Phone: +49 711 217 281 10
Fax: +49 711 217 281 90
E-Mail: Send us an email
Jean Khoury, B.Eng.
District Court: Stuttgart
Register-Nr: HRB 743440